Liza is qualified to practice in Kazakhstan and a member of KazBar. She is also admitted to the New York State Bar.
Liza is a native speaker of Kazakh and Russian and fluent in English.
Liza has over 10 years’ experience in the areas of corporate law, mergers and acquisitions and commercial law. Liza has been advising both international and domestic clients, primarily in the oil and gas and mining sectors. Prior to joining the Firm, Liza worked as a Senior Attorney in the legal department of an international consulting firm.
Liza’s selected major projects include:
- Full legal and tax assistance with de-registration of a Kazakhstan Branch office of a major Australian oil and gas company.
- Full M&A legal support in the acquisition of participating interest in a Kazakhstan mining company (including transaction documents drafting, consulting on legal issues and assistance with closing).
- Legal and tax due diligence in connection with the contemplated transaction on acquisition of an international E&P company. SIGNUM acted as a leading counsel of the project.
- Full M&A legal support of a global mechanical engineering services company in the acquisition of participating interest in a Kazakhstan construction company (including transaction documents drafting, obtaining all required regulatory approvals, general M&A legal consulting, including assistance with closing).
- Legal due diligence of an asset including pharmaceutical products produced abroad during a сomplex transaction involving several jurisdictions. SIGNUM acted as a Kazakhstan legal adviser of a major international law firm.
- Full M&A legal support of the Russian company in acquisition of Kazakhstan subsidiaries of a Russian holding company rendering complex telecommunication and IT services related to storage and processing of information (including conducting red flag legal due diligence, assistance with review of the transaction documents and closing).
- Full M&A legal support of the Russian company in acquisition of Kazakhstan subsidiaries of a Russian holding company, a major taxi ordering service provider (including conducting red flag legal due diligence and M&A assistance).
- Advising a major Japanese pharmaceutical company on IP related matters (advice on a sublicense agreement).
- Full legal support of a Swiss-based leading global provider of secured identification services on public private partnership project with Kazakhstan government.
- Advising on and assisting a Swiss-based leading global provider of secured identification services with corporate and management restructuring in its Kazakhstan subsidiaries, legal support of the buy-out of the company’s local partners’ shares, which included transaction documents drafting and assistance with closing.
- Preparation of legal opinion for a major global oil trading company covering the legal analysis of statutory requirements (licenses and permits, insurance, registration and others) applicable to the contemplated lease of a major industrial asset.
- Corporate investigation related to alleged embezzlement in a large international company specializing in production and sale of consumer goods.
- Legal due diligence of a Kazakhstan Branch office of the world’s largest oil pipeline company, a natural monopoly transporting oil and petroleum products via trunk pipelines.
- Full M&A legal support of a major international oil trading company in acquisition of two Kazakhstan legal entities registered in special economic zones (conducting legal due diligence of companies, obtaining regulatory consents, transaction documents drafting and assistance with closing).
- Conducting legal due diligence of Kazakhstan subsidiaries of a major Russian fashion online retail company for a Russian investor.
- Conducting legal due diligence of a Kazakhstan company operating in the field of renewable energy, owning solar power plants for a Chinese investor.
- Full legal M&A support of the Norwegian company in an indirect acquisition of a Kazakhstan based subsoil user through a reversed takeover on the London Stock Exchange (including conducting legal and tax due diligence of the subsoil use company, drafting transaction documents related to Kazakhstan law, general M&A legal consulting, etc.).
- Preparation of legal memorandum for a major global oil trading company covering the legal analysis of domestic supply and antitrust regulations for liquefied petrol gas (LPG) production.