Yekaterina is a member of Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Great Britain, since 2010. She is a member of the Charter of Tax Consultants, Kazakhstan and a holder of CIPA qualification. In 2018 Yekaterina was elected as a member of the EUROBAK Tax Committee Executive team.
She is a native speaker of Russian and fluent in English.
Yekaterina has over 12 years’ experience in the areas of taxation. Yekaterina has extensive experience in advising national and international companies on a wide range of tax issues, including corporate tax compliance and planning, assistance during tax audits and tax disputes, VAT refunds, analysis of complex contracts, review of tax financial models, tax trainings, tax function effectiveness, international and domestic tax structuring.
Prior to joining the firm, Yekaterina has worked in a Big-4 company for more than 10 years, has work experience as a tax manager and tax advisor in a large mining corporation, as well as international experience in Russia and Australia.
Yekaterina’s selected major projects include:
- Detailed tax review of a large international company tax obligations’ from over 30 contracts with non-residents for compliance with Kazakhstan tax laws for 5 years;
- Assessment of VAT refund options for a large mining company, which generated significant VAT asset at construction and development stages;
- Consulting on complex tax issues for large mining groups and companies during several years;
- Corporate tax compliance and deferred tax calculation for an Australian listed large mining group;
- Preparation of tax part in a comprehensive financial model for a group of mining companies with consideration of various scenarios of primary processing stage end;
- Tax advice on a “turn-key” contract for construction of a processing plant to ensure its compliance with Kazakhstan tax laws and its efficiency from tax perspective;
- Support during tax audit and tax appeal of a producing mining company, support in execution of tax indemnities received from a prior owner of the business;
- Corporate tax trainings to several companies on various topics, including subsurface use taxation and corporate taxation;
- Assessment of tax function effectiveness with focus on internal tax compliance processes and recommendation on improvement of key controls for an international logistics company;
- Tax consulting of a large oil and gas company during exit from Kashagan project;
- Tax due diligence of a domestic producer of consumer products for a large international private fund;
- Tax due diligence, structuring and M&A support in acquisition of a group of companies in logistics and sale of oil products sector for large Chinese fund;
- Tax due diligence and M&A support in the acquisition of a Kazakhstan oil and gas company. Deal size: US $165 mln;
- Tax due diligence and M&A support in the acquisition of a stake in an oil and gas company in the South Kazakhstan by the Kazakhstan national company;
- Tax due diligence and support for listing in People IPO for a large Kazakhstan national company;
- Tax due diligence as part of IPO for a large Kazakhstan mining group.