Mobile: +7 701 218 07 03
Kazakh National University named after Al-Farabi, faculty of International Law (with honors).
University of Birmingham, UK, (MSc degree with Merit).
Talgat has wide experience in the field of dispute resolution and litigation including appeal of actions of state authorities regarding taxation, transfer pricing, customs duties. Talgat has represented clients in administrative proceedings on violation of tax, customs, environment, licensing, immigration, labour legislation. He has consulted clients on taxation issues. Talgat is an arbitrator of the National Chamber of Entrepreneurs of the Republic Kazakhstan “Atameken”.
Talgat’s experience includes the following projects:
- Representation of the biggest uranium company in litigation against tax authorities (disputed amount KZT 1.3 billion);
- Representation of large petroleum companies in negotiations with the state authorities on amending subsoil use contract within pre-court settlement;
- Representation of two international petroleum companies in litigation against tax authorities on PSA tax stability clauses;
- Representation of a large petroleum company in litigation against customs authorities (disputed amount USD 2.5 million);
- Representation of a large petroleum company in litigation against tax authorities on transfer pricing issues (disputed amount USD 1.5 million);
- Customs case for ~$1.5 million between construction company and the state;
- Representation of the interests of a major European oil and gas company in the courts on the penalties imposed on transfer pricing by the Tax Committee;
- Dispute between PSA operator and the Regional Environment Protection Department – claim against PSA operator for reimbursement for environmental damage (KZT 3.9 billion) caused by illegal production of common mineral deposits;
- Legal advice to a subsurface user during complex tax audit with tax adjustments in the amount of ~$50 million;
- Legal advice to a subsurface user during VAT tax audit with tax adjustments in the amount of ~$8 million;
- Damage caused by underproduction case for ~$23 million between a subsurface user and the state;
- Legal advice to a FMCG company during complex tax audit with tax adjustments in the amount of ~$17 million;
- International telecom company and Kazakhstani company dispute – $1.5 million case following failure of Kazakhstani company to make payments under a contract;
- Tax dispute between the largest international airline company and the Tax Committee – the case on the application of double taxation treaties. The result is the cancellation of tax assessments in the amount of USD 1.3 million.
Talgat is fluent in Kazakh, English and Russian.