Mobile: +7 701 757 74 80
Kazakh State Law University (Diploma with honors)
Indiana University School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana, the USA (Master of Comparative Law)
Liza is qualified to practice in Kazakhstan and a member of KazBar. She is also admitted to the New York State Bar.
Liza is a native speaker of Kazakh and Russian and fluent in English.
Liza has over 10 years’ experience in the areas of corporate law, mergers and acquisitions and commercial law. Liza has been advising both international and domestic clients, primarily in the oil and gas and mining sectors. Prior to joining the Firm, Liza worked as a Senior Attorney in the legal department of an international consulting firm.
Liza’s selected major projects include:
- Legal due diligence of a Kazakhstan-based solar power station;
- Legal due diligence and M&A support in the acquisition of a Kazakhstan oil and gas company by a Chinese investor. Deal size: USD 160 mln;
- Legal due diligence and M&A support in the partial divestiture to and Central Asian and Caucuses joint venture arrangements with a Polish pharmaceutical company;
- Legal due diligence, structuring and M&A support in the acquisition of a stake in an oil and gas company in Western Kazakhstan. Deal size: USD 165 mln;
- Legal due diligence and M&A support in the acquisition of two oil and gas companies by a major national oil and gas company. Deal size: USD 65 mln;
- Legal due diligence and M&A support in the acquisition of 60% of oil and gas assets in southwest Kazakhstan by a Malaysian listed oil and gas company;
- Full Kazakhstan legal support to EBRD in a project financing deal for a Kazakhstan subsidiary of an international agricultural company. For the purposes of issuing Legal Opinion, SIGNUM conducted a limited legal due diligence of the borrowing company and reviewed all financing documentation;
- Legal support to a syndicate of leading international banks on Kazakhstan law matters in relation to USD 3 billion credit facility provided to the world’s largest independent oil trader. The support included conducting legal due diligence, issuing legal opinion, reviewing all transaction documents.