Al-Farabi Kazakh State National University, International Relations Faculty, International Law (Diploma with honors).
JICAP Program in Preston University, UK, sponsored by KnowHow Fund of UK Government.
Abylkhair is member of Almaty Bar Association.
Abylkhair has an extensive experience in oil and gas, mergers and acquisitions, contracts a commercial law. His practice is focused on oil and gas companies, mining companies as well as servicing companies. He acts as a regular corporate adviser to a number of high profile international and domestic clients in different areas.
Abylkhair’s selected major projects include:
- Advising on transaction resulting in 100% share sale of a public E&P company. Deal size: USD 515 mln.;
- Legal support for acquisition of a large electricity and heating company in South Kazakhstan by foreign investors;
participated in drafting transaction documents and relevant applications. Deal size: USD 30 mln.;
- Legal support for acquisition of several fields/exploration blocks in Kazakhstan by an Australian public company;
representing a UK based oil & gas company, listed on Toronto and London Stock Exchanges, on acquisition of two Kazakhstan oil & gas projects;
- Drafting contract on design, delivery of the equipment and materials and construction of pipeline on a «turn-key basis» according to the standard contracts of the International Federation of Civil Engineers (FIDIC) for a large oil producing company working in Western Kazakhstan;
- Drafting standards of complex drilling contracts for a national company;
- Drafting contract on design and delivery of the equipment and materials and construction “on a turn-key basis” according to the standard contracts of the International Federation of Civil Engineers (FIDIC);
- Legal consulting with a major Turkish construction company during negotiations with the Ministry of Transport and Telecommunications on the conclusion of contracts on reconstructing an airport in Astana and roads in different regions of Kazakhstan;
- Legal advice on various issues for a number of the construction companies, local and foreign;
- Represented client in negotiations with Almaty state authorities over the illegal expropriation of land for state needs;
- Legal consulting with a major South Kazakhstani uranium mining company on change of land category and its designation as well as land reservation for solar plant construction;
- Deal structuring and general legal consulting in relation to sale of an electrical energy complex by Almaty local executive body to a Kazakhstani investor;
- Legal support of negotiations of a group of Norwegian investors and funds on proposed acquisition of several oil and gas projects in Kazakhstan in transaction amounting to USD 1 billion;
- Legal advice and representing the interests of European oil and gas company in acquisition of 100% of participating interest in Kazakhstani oil and gas company in a transaction totalling USD 15 million; participated in drafting all transaction documents;
- Legal advice in acquisition of several fields/exploration blocks by public Australian company;
- Participation in negotiations and discussions with the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources of the drafts of the subsurface use contracts and amendments to them by a number of oil and gas and mining companies; involved in their approval by the number of involved Kazakhstan authorities;
- Legal opinion on the EBRD loan for a beverage company in Kazakhstan;
- Legal advice for foreign insurance company on reinsurance issues (limited recourse clause);
- Representing Turkish construction company in acquisition of construction material plant; further restructuring of transaction in the section concerning a change in obligations due to partial replacement of acquisition subject.
Abylkhair is a member of Almaty Bar Association.
Abylkhair is a native Russian and Kazakh speaker and is business proficient in English..