Mobile: +7 701 787 69 86
Kazakh National University named after Al-Farabi. Bachelor of International Law.
Kazakhstan Institute of Management, Economics and Strategic Research. LL.M Candidate’15.
Prior to joining SIGNUM, Saltanat has worked as a lawyer for a major international oil and gas service company in Kazakhstan. Saltanat specializes in corporate law (including company incorporation and registration), tax law and litigation.
Saltanat’s experience includes the following projects:
- Assisting the PSA Operator in a tax dispute in relation to tax accrual of 70 million US dollars;
- Assisting a major uranium producer in a tax appeal;
- Assisting a major oil and gas company in a customs appeal;
- Assisting in registration, re-registration and liquidation of companies, business units, as well as permanent establishments of foreign legal entities;
- Assisting in negotiations on PSA tax stability clauses with the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Representing various oil and gas and mining companies at the appeals stage and in courts with claims against the tax authorities on tax audits, resulting in the cancellation of tax audit reports, including those on transfer pricing, international taxation, allocation of costs and charges for overheads/secondment;
- Representation of the interests of a major European oil and gas company in the courts on the penalties imposed on transfer pricing by the Tax Committee;
- Tax dispute between the largest international airline company and the Tax Committee – the case on the application of double taxation treaties. The result is the cancellation of tax assessments in the amount of USD 1.3 million;
- Successful representation of the Client’s interests in the dispute between a large chemical company and its local dealer on debt repayment (including fines) and court expenses;
- Successful representation of the lessor’s interests in legal proceedings for appeal of the legality of the seizure of the leased asset.
Saltanat is fluent in English and Russian.