Expert, Transfer Pricing Matters
Mobile: +7 701 875 81 55
Laila Khakimzhan graduated from the University of Istanbul (Faculty of Literature), Master Degree in Finance (University of International Business, Almaty).
Laila took part in trainings and workshops on International Oil and Gas Contracts in Downstream, Laytime and Demurrage Training for the Oil/Tanker Industries, practiced transfer pricing law, methodology and pricing of crude oil & petroleum products, oil trading and price risk management.
Laila Khakimzhan has work experience in banking industry (5+ years) as a credit and FOREX operations manager.
She has more than 10 year work experience in oil and gas industry for an international commodities trading company:
- Involved in purchase, marketing and transportation of oil and petroleum products to cross-border markets;
- Coordinated price agreements with crude and petroleum products suppliers in accordance with Transfer pricing law of RK and sale/purchase contracts’ terms;
- Calculated all components of discounts agreed with suppliers and supported by documents;
- Negotiated contract terms and commercial aspects of deliveries with suppliers of crude oil and petroleum products;
- Supported traders in evaluation of economics/profitability of existing and proposed transactions for crude oil and products;
- Involved in Caspian trading group business development activities in Kazakhstan;
- Negotiated the oil discounts with oil and petroleum products price assessment editors, publishing the quotations and client’ Auditors;
- Negotiated carriage and sales contracts with suppliers, railway and sea carriers with a view to optimizing carriage performance;
- Verified demurrage statements and claims;
- Participated in meetings with clients-companies at all stages of agreeing the terms and performance of the contracts;
- Worked closely with most of major oil suppliers – investors in the oil and gas industry.
Laila has recently served as a commercial manager for the international oil and gas company and was in charge of negotiating sale-purchase contract terms and commercial aspects of deliveries with off takers of crude oil, negotiating contract terms and commercial aspects with logistic companies; control over quality and quantity at load and discharge terminals in cooperation with surveyor companies.
Laila is fluent in Kazakh, Russian, Turkish, and English.