Abylkhair has an extensive experience in oil and gas, mergers and acquisitions, contracts and commercial law. He primarily focuses on oil and gas and mining companies, as well as servicing companies. He acts as a regular corporate adviser to a number of high profile international and local clients in different areas.
Abylkhair is a member of Almaty Bar Association, KazBar, as well as an Arbitrator of Arbitration Center of the National Chamber of Entrepreneurs “Atameken”.
Abylkhair’s selected major projects include:
- Advising a major international producer of industrial gases on full process of the restructuring (by way of accession), including consulting on transfer of personnel, contracts and customs accounts to the primary company, re-registration of loans, preparation of a full package of documents and implementation of all procedural actions related accession through the state registration of respective statutory changes in both companies;
- Representation of the interests of the major uranium production company in an arbitration case on recovery of damages under the construction contract (that was dragged on for as many as 3 years) with independent expertises;
- Advised on a transaction resulting in 100% share sale of a public E&P company (Deal size: USD 515 mln);
- Provided legal support for acquisition of a large electricity and heating company in South Kazakhstan by foreign investors; participated in drafting transaction documents and relevant applications (Deal size: USD 30 mln);
- Provided legal support for acquisition of several fields/exploration blocks in Kazakhstan by an Australian public company;
- Provided legal support to a UK based oil & gas company listed on Toronto and London Stock Exchanges, on acquisition of two Kazakhstan oil & gas projects;
- Drafted and negotiated a contract on design, delivery of the equipment and materials and construction of pipeline on a «turn-key basis» according to the standard contracts of the International Federation of Civil Engineers (FIDIC) for a large oil producing company working in Western Kazakhstan;
- Drafted and negotiated complex drilling contracts for a national company;
- Developed and implemented the data protection system (including personal data protection) for an international manufacturer of construction equipment.