The accession of the Republic of Kazakhstan (‘RK’) to the World Trade Organization (‘WTO’) on 27 July 2015 led to the introduction of Law No. 365-V of 27 October 2015, ‘On Amendments to Some Legal…
The accession of Kazakhstan to the WTO led to the changes in Kazakhstan legislation. In this review, we would like to specifically refer to the matters of Trademark use.
This Client Update covers the key amendments to the laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan (“RK”) and various legal developments introduced in December 2015 and January 2016.
On 30 October 2015, the president of the Republic of Kazakhstan (“RK”) signed the Business Code (“BC”).
BC is a consolidated code that embodies basic legal acts on regulations of enterprise. The adoption of BC renders the following regulatory legal acts invalid:
1. The Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan of March 31, 1998, “on peasant and farm households”
2. The Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan of January 8, 2003, “on investments”
3. The Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan of January 31, 2006, “on private enterprise”
4. The Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan of December 25, 2008, “on competition”
6. The Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan of January 6, 2011, “on state control and supervision in the Republic of Kazakhstan”
6. The Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan of January 9, 2012, “on state support of industrial innovative enterprise”
On 1 January 2016, Kazakhstan introduced an innovation – the participatory procedure for dispute settlement. In this review, we take a closer look at this procedure and its features.
Pursuant to the laws of Kazakhstan, a limited liability partnership is granted a mandatory buyout right with respect to participant’s interest in this partnership. In order for the partnership to enjoy a mandatory buyout right,…